Apply now for the Intensive English Program:
*Notice: If you are using the Mozilla Firefox web browser, please download the file so you can complete the form.
- Full-Time Application (in English)
- Full-Time Application (in English) – Summer 2020
- Full-Time Application (in Spanish)
- Full-Time Application (in Japanese)
- Full-Time Application (in Korean)
- Full-time Application (in Traditional Chinese)
- Full-time Application (in Simplified Chinese)
- Full-time Application (in Portuguese)
- Full-time Application (in Turkish)
- Full-time Application (in Vietnamese)
- Full-time Application (in Arabic)
- Full-time Application (in French)
The applications above are for:
- students outside the U.S.
- students now in the U.S. in F-1 status (also complete this I-20 Transfer Form)
- students in the U.S. with other non-immigrant visas who wish to change to F-1.
- all students must be at least 18 years old and have finished high school
Part-Time or U.S. Student Application
This application above is also for students with a visa status that allows part-time study, including:
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. permanent residents
- others with U.S. visas that permit study
- (Note: Part-time study is not available for F-1 students.)
For applicants who have a private financial sponsor who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, an I-134 Affidavit of Support must be filled out, notarized, and submitted by the sponsor.
Mailing your Application
Mail your completed application to:
Intensive English Program Application
Maryland English Institute
1117 Cole Student Activities Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742 USA
All I-20 requests take approximately 3 weeks to be processed if your application is complete. MEI will mail your I-20 and admissions packet via FedEx.