Campus Photo Gallery
Students at the University of Maryland enjoy one of the greenest campuses in the country. While nothing can compare to actually being here, these pictures give you an idea of campus life.
As a student at MEI, you have membership privileges to the weight rooms, fitness centers, gymnasiums, martial arts rooms, pools, saunas, locker rooms and other recreational services on campus, including:
Eppley Recreation Center
Outdoor Recreation Center
The Intramural Sports program offers you the opportunity to play in sports leagues and tournaments, including:
- outdoor soccer
- indoor soccer
- flag football
- table tennis
- wiffle ball
You can find out more about recreation facilities and services here.
Meals on Campus
Students on campus benefit from a rich variety of food choices. You can find foods to meet every taste, craving, and dietary need–and to help you stay healthy. You will find:
- 4 campus dining halls serving complete meals
- several restaurants on campus
- 14 cafés for lunch and light snacks
- 6 food and convenience stores
- 12 dining options in Stamp Union
Catering service is also available on campus. Find out more about dining services on campus.
There are also several grocery stores close to campus. You can find information about area food stores here.
Performing Arts Center
The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center opened in 2001. It presents dance, theatre and musical performances. The center partners with the School of Music and the School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies to offer performances, workshops, and other activities that help you dig deeper into the world of ideas. Find out more on the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center website.
Public Safety (Police)
The University of Maryland places tremendous importance on student safety as well as being prepared for emergencies. The University of Maryland Police Department (UMPD) is a professional law enforcement organization that employs over 100 dedicated men and women who are trained and ready to handle any campus situation.
Besides having a professional police department, the University of Maryland Department of Public Safety at College Park offers:
- a 24-hour, 7-day per week walking escort service to any student who asks
- a full service 911 Emergency Communications Center
- a campus-wide lost and found service
- emergency weather notifications
Please click here for the latest Annual Security Report.
Stamp Student Union
The Adele H. Stamp Student Union is the center for campus life. You can find study spaces, entertainment places, and many other services:
Food (Stamp Dining)
- Hibachi San
- Maryland Dairy
- Moby Dick
- Panda Express
- The Coffee Bar
Shops & Services
You can find out more about restaurants, shops and activities in Stamp Union here.
There are more than 100 student organizations at the University of Maryland, College Park, including:
- African Student Association
- Iranian Student Foundation
- Armenian Student Union
- Japanese American Student Association
- Asian Pacific American Student Association
- Korean International Student Association
- Association of Students from Romania
- Lebanese Student Organization
- Azerbaijan Culture Group
- Maryland Brazilian Society
- Bangladesh Student Association
- Muslim Student Association
- Caribbean Student Association
- Pakistani Student Association
- Chinese Culture Club
- Polish Student Association
- Chinese Student Association
- Saudi Student Association
- Coalition Of Latino Student Organizations
- Sikh Student Association
- Ethiopian Student Association
- South Asian Fellowship
- Filipino Cultural Association
- Sri Lankan Association
- Hellenic Student Association
- Taiwanese American Student Association
- Hindu Student Council
- Thai Student Association
- Hong Kong Student Association
- Turkish Student Association
- Indian Student Association
- Vietnamese Student Association
See the full list of student organizations.
University Health Center
The University Health Center is proud to be nationally accredited for over 25 years by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, an independent organization that only places its seal of approval on medical facilities that meet the highest standards of quality. Less than 10% of all college health centers in the U.S. are accredited!